"If a commission by an earthly king is considered an honor, how can a commission by a Heavenly King be considered a sacrifice?"
-David Livingstone

July 30, 2011

Maesot Hospital

After our first night in the middle of the ward on the floor, we were truly spoiled to be put in a private (in comparison) room which we shared with another patient. It's one of two rooms that they have for particularly infectious patients, which have windows facing the ward.
I made valiant attempts at getting pictures of the ward where we've stayed, but in the end I was simply not brave enough!:) I went so far as to stalk around at 2 am, but, alas, everytime I tried there seemed to be someone with their eyes on me! That and the fact that I have a feeling that the nurses would be slightly less delighted with me than they already are...




Jabe was discharged Friday, but his lungs are still not doing well. It seems to be asthma rather than pneumonia... The doctors believe that his lung problems spring from his being pre-term and having underdeveloped lungs. Currently we're up in Chiang Mai trying to get some answers.

Question: To any medical people out there, how would you feel about giving your small child steroid medications? Would there be a time when need outweighs the concerns?


No comments:

Post a Comment