"If a commission by an earthly king is considered an honor, how can a commission by a Heavenly King be considered a sacrifice?"
-David Livingstone

July 31, 2011

Jabe

Jabe's respirations are down to 44 tonight. Yes! I think things are looking up.
(Compare that with the the generally between 60-80 previously counted.)

Although I am still up here in Chiang Mai, Jabe has not been re-hospitalized. The doctor here doesn't sound overly concerned about it. Although he does want him on a steroid inhaler for possibly up to a year. (Something that I'm not too delighted about!) Part of his judging though is due to Jabe's apparent zest for life. He bounces around, squeals, and beams all the while climbing me like some tree throughout the doctor's visit. And I can't really blame the man. If I was him I'm sure I'd probably draw the same conclusions. Especially when Jabe's breathing is not at its worst. What he doesn't realize though is that this is completely typical for Jabe nigh up to a 105 F fever. Just makes me realize how sick Jabez was with SJS.

My little man's growing up. His 2nd tooth is making it's grand appearance today. And yesterday he pulled himself up all on his own for the first time. He loves to giggle! He'll giggle with me for just as loud and as long as I choose to prolong the session.:) And kiss! That's his new big thing. I just have to watch that he doesn't get my nose now that there's teeth involved!
He's finally truly making his way around on all fours. It's a bit of a challenge in a guest house room. I'm still trying to get used to his being so active. It seems like I blinked and he turned into a little boy! Earlier today he was napping on the large bed (two twin beds put together) in our room here, and as I was exhausted I laid down beside him on the edge of the bed figuring that if he were to move around he'd have plenty of room before falling. Not very wise! Two hours or so later I was awakened to his terrified screams. To my horror I found him over hanging upside down off of the side of the bedside table on the far side of the bed. Somehow [thankfully!] he had gotten hung up on his downward descent and was just dangling there. Somehow I have a feeling that he will give me gray hairs yet.;)

No comments:

Post a Comment