"If a commission by an earthly king is considered an honor, how can a commission by a Heavenly King be considered a sacrifice?"
-David Livingstone

August 1, 2011

"For I know the plans I have for you...."

Today I will have my first appointment with a lawyer about adopting Jabez.
This will tell me what my chances are… (from a human standpoint!) My stomach is in knots. Adoption is little more than a legality for me, but without it we will be unable to travel.
I would really truly appreciate prayers. Prayers for me in accepting God’s plan – whatever that is – and prayers for the lawyer…that he would have a tender heart toward this case, especially seeing as it’s a quite complicated one. We need a miracle. Our appointment is at 9 pm MST.

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

3 comments:

  1. Maria, I am praying with all my heart that the Lord's will be done. Of course, it is my desire for Jabe to become yours, but more than that, I am praying that he truly will belong to Jesus, and that can only happen with the right training. I will notify our church's prayer chain.

    Hugs! Sarah VH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, it means a lot to know that you and everyone are praying.:) It seems to be a no for now. But I believe that God has something big and good in store!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're still praying, because we also believe God has something big and good in store! And while we're waiting, we can trust that God's time is always best. We're also praying that you'll have wisdom to care for Jabe's health.

    Love,
    Sarah VH

    ReplyDelete