"If a commission by an earthly king is considered an honor, how can a commission by a Heavenly King be considered a sacrifice?"
-David Livingstone

December 29, 2010

Update

12/09/08
I admit to truly having been awful about keeping my blog updated, but I do sort of have an excuse as I really haven't had much internet access. So I thought I'd just basically try to give y'all an overview of what's going on. But at this point we've been here for nearly two months and so much has happened that I'm honestly at a loss for words as to how to tell it all, or even just a small part of it.

Right now I'm at a school teaching. Yes, you heard me right! I can just see those of you who know me smirking right now, but that is really what I'm doing.:) So I'm in charge of some 41 squirmy kindergarten kids ranging in age from about 2 to 14. I'm supposed to be keeping them happy and learning for several hrs a day in a small bamboo hut. We have no desks, no toys (besides coloring), no interpretor, and I can't even speak to them so they know what I'm saying beyond just a few simple sentences. It's the challenge of my life. But I'm really enjoying it and the kids are absolutely adorable and some of the sweetest little people you'll ever meet!


A few of "my" kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment