"If a commission by an earthly king is considered an honor, how can a commission by a Heavenly King be considered a sacrifice?"
-David Livingstone

December 29, 2010

Quite alive, I insist!

12/08/08
Some of you may have caught wind of the rumor that I'm very sick. I just wanted to clear up that I have been a bit sick, but not THAT sick. In fact, much to my chagrin, embarrassment, and amusement I was told that at one church it was announced that I was so sick I was near death and someone else said they were expecting to hear a funeral announcement. At the moment I was informed of the church announcement I happened to be eating quite heartily and having a great time. But that news probably worked out for my benefit as they say laughter is good medicine.:) But I really do appreciate the prayers and wanted to say thank-you to all who have been praying. I was sicker for a while and I don't know what it might have turned into if it hadn't been for the prayers. They took me to the hospital yesterday. The doctor said I do have a staph infection, but I'm sure it will be cleared up soon. So...I protest that I'm really quite alive still.

No comments:

Post a Comment