"If a commission by an earthly king is considered an honor, how can a commission by a Heavenly King be considered a sacrifice?"
-David Livingstone

February 27, 2011

Three-Brick Rule

Some friends recently gave me a book about the life of Lillian Trasher and her work in Egypt. I've found it to be quite inspiring. Never limit what God can do through your life!

In there I found this and loved it:

The Three-Brick Rule:

"Once you know it's God's will, get moving!
At the orphanage we start a new building project
as soon as we have three bricks to put on top
of each other."

We need to have that kind of faith. The kind that can move mountains. It's within our reach. All we need to do is reach out and grasp it, but how often do we?

After 50 years of service, when asked what was the secret of her missionary success as well as what was the greatest thing she ever did, her quick answer was this, "There isn't any secret. I just stayed! I did not quit. I stayed with the work God gave me to do."

She didn't quit...

2 comments:

  1. That's powerful! Why shouldn't we be able to see the value that God sees in three bricks?!
    What is the name of the book?

    It's cool to find your blog, by the way! I think we used to know each other years ago when we were little...

    It's so neat to see where God has led you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe that it's "Mother of The Nile." I'll get back with you on it if I'm wrong on that. Don't even ask why I can read a whole book and not be sure on the title.:)

    I've enjoyed reading your blog! I do remember you, but I wasn't certain that you'd remember me.:) I love looking back and thinking, who knew that we'd each be where we are today!? God has been good!

    ReplyDelete