"If a commission by an earthly king is considered an honor, how can a commission by a Heavenly King be considered a sacrifice?"
-David Livingstone

December 29, 2010

10/1/10
I've had probably 5+ blogs on my heart recently, but life isn't exactly slowing down... And sometimes when you're given the choice between breathing or writing a blog, well...

On Sunday we said goodbye at the bus station to the rest of our family, attempting rather unsuccessfully to keep tears at bay. They've arrived safe and sound at home. And there's no snow yet, or so I hear! Poor Josiah must be crushed!

No sooner did they leave than I committed my first big boo-boo while attempting the feat of coaxing money out of the ATM. I mixed up the passwords. Big no-no. If you don't believe me just try it. The ATM informed me that the account had been closed. To say that I was thoroughly mollified and crushed to itty-bitty tid-bits would be an understatement. I should explain that when an account has been closed there's nothing you can do except appear at the bank with both account owners and there passports. And both of those account owners and there passports were sitting safely on a bus and well on there way to the Bangkok airport. For just an instant we entertained the idea of attempting to beat them to Bangkok and meeting up in hopes that there was something they could do, but it didn't take long for our better judgement to prevail realizing that they already had a two hour headstart on us. There was nothing else to do but wait and pray. Pray I did! I struggled and I struggled. It felt almost as if anything that could have gone wrong that day did. How could I have messed things up so quickly? I prayed for a miracle and a faith that could stand... The next day when we returned I was at peace. The ATM card worked like a dream. I could do little else but run up to the bathroom and fall to my knees. This was my miracle. I needed to see that. I shouldn't have, but I did.

It's an amazing comfort to know that God's got us right in the palm of His hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment