"If a commission by an earthly king is considered an honor, how can a commission by a Heavenly King be considered a sacrifice?"
-David Livingstone

October 15, 2011

I think God has a sense of humor!


I was sitting with my mom in the muggy heat of late Sabbath afternoon. We were discussing our, er, that is, her current state of exhaustion. And I was using all the best techniques of convincement in my repertoire to talk my dear mother into coming up to my hut together with the twins to “rest” for a while. Finding myself failing in my mission, I had risen to my feet ready to throw up my hands in exasperation when Thara EhKnYa came breezing in the door. . . (Sounding familiar yet?!)

“Tharamu!” he called, and with a bit of sheepishness in his voice he advised us that not ten minutes ago his friend from Burma had come to visit and with him was a man with a one-month-old baby. . . A little girl. The mother had just died. Would we take it? My mother and my gazes met in looks of half-amused resignation and. . . possibly a hint of excitement? We knew we wouldn’t say no.

And that was our introduction to little Naw KooKooPaw (Miss Cool Flower). And within mere minutes we were the proud family members to one-month-old “triplets.”

Of all the gifts we could have been given! She could have been two weeks,or even two months old, but, no! Once again we are blessed with triplets. And I have to say that this struck me as rather humorous - in a bit of an exasperating way.

Oh yeah, and did I mention that this leaves us with 7. . . 2-years-old and under (plus 3!)? :) We’re not quite sure how to do this. Our hands already feel full. But we are moving in faith that God will make a way. . .

Small KooKooPaw has diarrhea and a fever and seems a bit dehydrated. She isn’t in the best of health, but certainly not as bad off as she could be. Her mother died last week after running from the Burmese in the rain. . .

I’m only glad that my parents were here this time. I like to tell them that every time they leave the country I get twins.:)

And that brings me to the story (never did get around to talking about the twins, did I. . .) that, prior to our little KooKooPaw's arrival, I had had every single intention of posting today. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment