"If a commission by an earthly king is considered an honor, how can a commission by a Heavenly King be considered a sacrifice?"
-David Livingstone

June 14, 2011

So often it's the small things...

I was struggling through the parking lot together with my shopping cart and Jabez when a nice well-dressed, English-speaking Karen man (quite unusual) walked up beside me and politely asked if he could help me before taking over the cart and accompanying me toward the back to where our good-old-unfaithful-golden-chariot stood. He then helped me load up the truck before putting the cart away. Simply smiling he turned and quietly walked back out of the parking lot toward his original destination.
While honestly it was a profoundly uncomfortable and quite awkward moment for me (it's not an easy thing for me to accept help), I was extremely touched. It actually made my day! You don't see that very often here...

That's so much like my God. To send somebody my way just to show me a particle of His love through the kindness of one of His people - just when I need it most. Reminding me that I'll never walk alone...

So often it's the small things. Never underestimate the power of a simple act of kindness...

1 comment:

  1. We pray for you every day! Leaving Thursday for Anna's grad. Wish you could be there.

    Mooga and Pattee

    ReplyDelete