June 30, 2011
* He drank 3 ½ oz of milk this morning – and I all jumped up and down inside :)
* They took his IV out this morning!
* Tests for liver function came back and the doctor tells me that his liver function is better, and hopefully that indicates that there will be less liver damage.
* While his hemoglobin and hematocrit levels shot up after his blood transfusion, they’ve dropped back down to pretty much where they were before – low…
* Fever’s still sticking around, but trending a bit lower. Maybe more like 102-103 F.
* The ophthalmologist says that the redness of his eyes is reduced, but that there’s significant risk for scarring.
* He’s more active, although he still looks pretty “loopy” and has temporarily lost his ever present smile.
Posted by Maria at 2:31 AM