"If a commission by an earthly king is considered an honor, how can a commission by a Heavenly King be considered a sacrifice?"
-David Livingstone

May 11, 2011

Not A Goodbye!

We said, "See you later!" to Emily this morning.
I hate goodbyes. And see-you-later's aren't much better.
But it is very comforting to know that we have a God who we can trust to leave the ones we love with.

In Emily's own words, "I'm taking a trip to a foreign land this week. Everybody pray for me as I go through culture shock."
That is "foreign" land as in the US. And, believe me or not, it is a foreign land when you've been away from it for going on three years. Very foreign...

Just this morning on our way to the bus station, we were discussing having some work done on a computer in the States and instantly I found myself thinking through how you might express something like that with limited communication skills in order to get the point across for exactly what you wanted done. And then - all of a sudden it hit me that, um, actually this is the United States we're talking about. They speak english. Yes, indeed! Very foreign. =)



No comments:

Post a Comment