"If a commission by an earthly king is considered an honor, how can a commission by a Heavenly King be considered a sacrifice?"
-David Livingstone

January 13, 2011

Jabez' Surgery

So I'm sitting here thinking that most likely I really should write a new update one of these days...:) Especially seeing as I've got a new blog and all.
Incidentally, I'm also sitting here waiting for Jabez' surgery for his hernia which is scheduled for 1:30 this afternoon. I'm looking forward to that being over with, although I've got to admit that (even though the doctor insists that the hernia carries more risk than the surgery) I'm a bit nervous about the whole thing. I don't like him going under general anasthesia. But I've got to believe that Jesus will be with him and then it's ok!

We've both been pretty miserable as I was told insistently that he wasn't to have any milk after midnight. We're currently staying in a guest house room which has thin board walls and open windows facing the places other guests are staying with thin board walls and equally open windows and I can hear the other guests almost as well as if they were in the same room with me, snoring and all! Anyways, when there's a little hungry baby...well I'm sure not many of them slept all that great. But nobody complained, and, mercifully, he finally fell asleep. Imagine my chagrin when the nurse here was horrified at the information I'd been given, insisting that he was allowed to eat 'til 8:30 am instead, but by then it was too late already and all the poor little guy gets is an IV. But he just grinned at me so he can't be holding too big of a grudge.:)
Oh, and did I mention that he's already 4-months-old and just weighed in at right around 8.5 lbs!?!? With the exception of the hernia, the doctor's extremely positive about his progress!

As of more general news now that you have an earful of Jabez: A couple weeks ago I went back down to Sunshine Orchard, taking Jabez with me, to help with the children as the rest of my family would be gone for several days. I'm aware that I must sound like a broken record (at least to those who are around me all the time), but it does my heart SO much good to be home at Sunshine Orchard. Our kids! They positively warm my heart to the point of melting! I'm never happier than when down on the border.

So here I am sitting in the waiting room as Jabez was already taken in. I was vastly disappointed by the surgeons firm refusal to allow me in the operating room. He tried to comfort me though with the assurance that the nurse would take pictures during surgery that I can view later.

No comments:

Post a Comment