"If a commission by an earthly king is considered an honor, how can a commission by a Heavenly King be considered a sacrifice?"
-David Livingstone

December 29, 2010

Health Training

7/27/10
I apologize for the silence.

At the moment I find myself back up in Chiang Mai for a month-long medical missionary training course. So far it's been busy and especially the last few days have been great! To say there's been plenty of spice to life would be an understatement!:) So far [most of us] have survived through food fasts, a 3/4 night prayer vigil, [a] 5 am morning class, parched grain... not to mention the cell phone confiscation of some, and, worse yet, the knowledge that singing a solo for your fellow classmates awaited any latecomers.....fantastic incentive, I must say - my current record of class attendance being proof enough (kinda...)!:)
We have an awesome doctor from Bangkok as our teacher this week. She's inspiring!
We're focusing on anatomy and physiology right now.
Did you know that if you didn't have kidneys you would have to drink 800 (yes, that's right - EIGHT HUNDRED) glasses of water each and every day in order to keep your body functioning properly? I, for one, decided that I'm thankful for 'em!

I've got to run get ready for class, but here's some food for thought:
"We spend the 1st 40 years of our lives spending our health on gaining wealth and the next 40 years of our lives spending our wealth on regaining our health." Sad and true for many, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment