"If a commission by an earthly king is considered an honor, how can a commission by a Heavenly King be considered a sacrifice?"
-David Livingstone

December 29, 2010

Graduation

11/17/10
Sunday dawned bright and clear as usual, but for me a special day, no less. The graduation for our LMT students together with presenting them with their backpacks and medical supplies which they have worked so hard for. While this had been to me a very special project, I was more than ready to let the load of it roll off of my shoulders. It's been a big learning curve for me and I'd love to see it happen again. A big thank-you to everyone who helped out along the way! Not to mention our Eureka youth class who worked so hard for this! Here's just a couple pictures that show a small piece of the fruit of your labors. I wish you could have been there to see the smiles on their faces! And, no, regretfully, Jason's specialized do-it-all surgical scalpels were not part of the presentation.:)




You may notice that their is only seven students in the picture rather than nine (the number we had purchased backpacks and supplies for.) It came as a real blow to me to learn that right at the end of the class, in my absence, two of the students left our school. But God's in control of that. At the same time as I was so disapointed, in a way I was almost relieved too as the two who left (voluntarily) were my two students that I was really struggling with at times (one seeming entirely unmotivated and the other overly self-confidant.) Right now all I need is two dedicated students to fill in the gap. Hopefully I'll be able to work more one-on-one with them.
Nonetheless, it was a very special day. We had prayer and a couple of small speeches in which the students were admonished to ultimately rely on God in any situation they may face and to use prayer at every opportunity. They were then presented with the backpacks and we had a meal of fruit, milk, and cookies (real treats) for celebration.
They don't want to be finished. (How I love them! Motivated students like that are so much fun!) They'd like to continue learning with more random classes when possible. I'd like to see that happen. Now I just need to get my act together and do it. Hopefully it will happen after things are more settled with Jabez and I return again.

No comments:

Post a Comment